Monday, December 13, 2010

what could have been

This weekend I went on a bike ride and stumbled upon a building that looked familiar.

I was last here three and a half years ago for an interview, about the same time I interviewed for my current job. They both called me with offers in the same hour if you believe that. I turned down this company and have been working with the other ever since.

I rode around the neighborhood a bit and couldn't help but wonder what life would be if I chose differently. Different coworkers, different commute, different restaurants for lunch. Could it have affected my bigger life decisions? It could have, but it is pointless and impossible to speculate. Life is what it is, and if there is a bigger plan for it all, we are all caught in it for better or for worse. Still, it is fun to wonder what could have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment