Thursday, March 12, 2009

disturbing

So I just came across this article on extremely disturbing movies, read at your own risk. Now I consider myself to be adequately desensitized to most things thanks to our friend the internet, but my stomach was churning. The dark corners of man's imagination is pretty scary. And knowing that such violence and depravity and evil are not just imaginary makes me want to jump in front of a bus. I have been seeing the world beyond the rose-tinted walls of a protected Asian-American upbringing, and it scares me. But as much as I want to avert my eyes, something deep within my soul knows that it is these things that necessitated the coming of a Savior. The ugliness that invariably exists within will be brought to the light and cleansed, however painful the process. The world was created perfectly, it is fallen, and it can be redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment